5. Community Risk Assessment: At our 3rd stakeholders meeting we reviewed information related to Community Risk Assessments. For a summary of stakeholder input see Summary CWPP Mtg 3.
To view existing assessments see Assessment Slideshow.
Many of these assessments can be found on line, for a list of existing resources see Resources and References (Note: Some of these external documents are slow to open).
For a summary of input from public workshops held in July 2011 see workshops summary.
6. Priorities (virtual workshops planned for October - December 2011): At our 4th stakeholders meeting on September 2nd, we reviewed preliminary recommendations. For a summary of stakeholder input see Summary CWPP Mtg 4.
To view the existing assessments and preliminary recommendations see Preliminary Recommendations Slideshow (Slideshow to be posted later). An on-line survey was developed to provide additional opportunities for input on those recommendations, see Homeowner Survey.
For more information about attending a future stakeholders meeting email us at DFSCMiller@comcast.net to be added to our mailing list.
7. Action Plan
At our 5th stakeholders meeting on February 22nd, participants added to the preliminary recommendations and identified priorities. For the top four items they develop preliminary action plans. For a summary of stakeholder input see Summary CWPP Mtg 5. These materials were used to develop a draft plan.
At our 6th stakeholders meeting on March 28th, participants revisited the top recommendations from their February work session. They reviewed an Administrative Draft Plan and made recommendations for additional recommended actions addressing access/ egress, red flag days, regionally specific education materials and balancing fuel load management with biological resources. They also discussed sustaining the plan and strategies for final presentation and adoption. For a summary of this input see Summary CWPP Mtg 6.
From April 2nd through May 5th a draft plan was circulated to the public for review and comment. Electronic copies of the plan were sent to all stakeholders for further circulation, posted on this website and announcements of the comment period include in stakeholder newsletters.
8. Finalize Plan
At the 7th and final stakeholder meeting on May 25th, participants reviewed the public comments received and how they were incorporated into the final plan. During a roundtable they explored ideas on how to begin to implement the priority action items and how stakeholders can continue to participate. For a summary of ideas see Summary CWPP Mtg 7. The next step in this ongoing process will be an update and progress report in May 2013. Check this website for time and place.
During the development of the plan information was incorporated from comment letters submitted from:
- Claremont Canyon Conservancy
- East Bay Chapter California Native Plant Society – 2 reviewers
- East Bay Public Lands Committee San Francisco Bay Chapter Sierra Club
- East Bay Regional Parks District Fire Department
- Fremont Fire Department
- Livermore Area Parks and Recreation District/ Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department
- North Hills Community Association Fire Safety Committee
The red-lined final draft shows where changes were made to the document to reflect the comments received.
After the development of the final draft plan additional comments letters were received from:
These comments will be incorporated into the first update of the Plan.
On June 5, 2012 the Alameda County Board of Supervisors approved and accepted the plan. Stakeholders sent letters of support to complete the requirements of a CWPP. (see Alameda County CWPP)